Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has sent a letter to President Joe Biden, demanding his administration to immediately investigate and give a number of answers, focusing on Dr. Anthony Fauci’s lies and COVID-19 lab leak theory, by the end of June.
“I sent this letter to Joe Biden to demand an immediate investigation into Anthony Fauci’s lies and his potential involvement in the cover up of the origins of the China virus,” Greene wrote in a tweet on June 4.
“The American people deserve answers on the Wuhan lab & Fauci deserves to be held accountable!” she added.
The tweet accompanied her letter in which Greene pointed to Fauci’s controversial emails to claim that Biden’s chief medical advisor had misled the public regarding the origins, transmission, and mortality of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The congresswoman claimed that the American people had suffered more than enough from COVID-19 in the past 18 months, during which they had to shutter their businesses, keep kids home from schools, lose jobs, and were unable to pay bills or travel. In addition, a surge in prices of goods and services made life more unbearable, and suicides sadly increased.
Citing CDC data, Greene said that more than 33 million people have been infected with COVID-19 and nearly 600,000 have died from the virus-related symptoms as of June 3.
“Combine these hardships with the troubling emails recently released which implicate Dr. Anthony Fauci, your chief medical advisor and Director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, explicitly contradicting the guidance forced upon the American people for more than a year to wear masks, obtain a vaccine and stay insolated,” she wrote to Biden.
Greene said that while the Biden administration has repeatedly asserted the “science” of wearing face coverings to slow the spread of the virus, Fauci privately advised members of the public not to purchase or wear masks on the grounds that it does not comply with science.
“This is negligent at best and duplicitous at worst,” she wrote.
The Georgia lawmaker also accused the Biden administration and the media of propagating a false narrative surrounding COVID-19 that is neither based on science nor consistent with Fauci’s private statements.
“As a result, large portions of the American public no longer believe in the validity of the narrative surrounding the virus’ origin or the proper steps to counter its spread,” Greene wrote, adding that the administration’s decisions have led to an enormous decline in public trust.
With a lot of blame for the pandemic on Fauci, Greens insisted that Fauci should be removed from his position as director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
To facilitate the investigation, the Republican congresswoman raised the following questions for the Biden administration:
- Is there evidence that COVID-19 is a bioweapon?
- Who funded the Wuhan Institute of Virology research of coronaviruses?
- What other viruses and potential bioweapons are being researched at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and around the world?
- What is entailed in the “gain of function” research being conducted on coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology?
- Why is the safety standard so lax at the Wuhan Institute of Virology?
- Why did the Chinese Communist Party refuse to allow international investigators to examine the facility?
- What are the details surrounding the three Wuhan scientists who became seriously ill in November 2019?
- Why did the media and large corporations in the U.S. censor evidence of the lab-leak theory last year, and what did this have to do with the presidential election?
- In all of this, what role did the NIH (specifically Dr. Anthony Fauci) play?
Taylor Greene urged the Biden administration to provide the answers by the end of June 2021.